DE | Perishable Food Quality Control
MioWORK™ L135's are used – alongside MioWORK™ A235’s - in a large supermarket distribution centre as part of their quality control system. The integrated 1D/2D barcode reader is used to identify the specific fruit or vegetable item being checked after which the items record and product information is shown on the tablet (i.e. country of origin, supplier, date of arrival etc.).
Subsequently, a manual quality check is performed on the food perishable and if necessary, the 5MP rear camera is used to record evidence such as spots, bruising or mould on fresh vegetables or fruit. Subsequently, findings are noted down in the system record, evidence is attached and a ‘flag’ is raised on the system. Through this system, the supermarket is able to keep track of the quality of incoming food and work together with suppliers to maintain the high food standards expected by their customers.
Why MioWORK™ L135?
- Integrated 1D/2D barcode reader
- Integrated HD rear camera for evidence capture
- Extreme operating temperatures
- IP67 and 1.2m drop spec housing
High Performance Enterprise Tablet
The MioWORK™ L135 is the ideal Enterprise tablet for use in the field, blending powerful data processing with ease-of-use and durability. This makes L135 ideal for a variety of sectors ranging from Retail to Emergency Services.
- IP67 dust tight and water resistant up to 1m depth
- 1.2m drop resistant following MIL-STD-810G
- 10.1" capacitive multi-touch panel & digitizer support
- 650nits high visibility with optical bonding technology
- Rain and glove compatible
- Integrated Enterprise-grade 1D/2D barcode imager
- In-built NFC / HF RFID tag reader
- 5MP AF rear camera and 1.2MP front camera
- Integrated 3.5G WWAN, GPS
- 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz) WiFi
- NFC for wireless data exchange
- Providing up to 8 hours battery life
- Hot-swap battery (user-replaceable)